- Most designers market their own “designer fragrance” but not at Satin Stitches. We continue to market a special NON-fragrance spray that eliminates the nasty odors that are created when dancers, cheerleaders, ice skaters and other performers work up a sweat.
- Specialty fabrics such as Mystique or holographic costume fabrics cannot be dry-cleaned and may not survive hand washing very well.
- This product has been around for decades and has been tested by Satin Stitches Ltd.
- It has been found to be safe on all types of performance fabrics and trims.
- This product is a water-based chemical that has been proven to be non-allergenic, and safe for most users.
ALWAYS take good care of your costumes for obvious reasons, but also when your costume budget is tight.Read More
Take advantage of our Costume Repair ServiceRead More
What is ‘camel toe’?
It is the embarrassing phenomenon where fabric on a pair of shorts, panties etc. finds its way up into the nether regions of your ‘lady parts’, creating an immodest look.Read More
During the season, we sometimes receive questions on the upkeep and/or care of team costumes, even when we didn’t manufacture them. I have been offering my tips on costume care for many years, officially for our monthly e-News and unofficially for decades because of our extensive expertise in ‘all things costume’.Read More
Many times a broken zipper can be fixed. Examine the problem area on the zipper to make your determination. Most regular clothing zippers are made with plastic coils. Heavy-duty zippers have teeth made of molded plastic or metal. The teeth or coil are always attached to a fabric strip called 'zipper tape'.Read More
Do you have a plan for your competition performance if someone forgets their uniform or parts of their costume? If not, YOU SHOULD!
Using appliques for decorating ballroom dance costumes has always been a major design option. And currently, appliques are also being used on all other types of dance costumes and evening apparel. Appliques are very much on trend, and should be for years, as all trimming trends last until the next trimming trend comes along!
What do you do when the armpits of your hard-to-clean costume get a little less than desirable, or you unexpectedly spilled your taco salad on your uniform? It's moments like these that require acting fast with spot cleaning!
When you have a costume or uniform that is potentially difficult to launder by the usual methods, such as dry cleaning, or machine and/or hand washing. Target specific areas by spot cleaning, rather than just wearing it dirty.
For flawless spot cleaning technique, simply follow these guidelines:Read More