Do you have a plan for your competition performance if someone forgets their uniform or parts of their costume? If not, YOU SHOULD!
- Never have the problem in the first place. Designate someone as the official transportation for all uniforms and accessories needed for each event.
- Check in before your team leaves for an event. Create a checklist with all uniform pieces accounted for and be sure to double check with each teammate before all events.
- Have a back-up plan. Designate a coach or booster parent keep extra costumes or accessories with them just in case.
- Establish Rules. Establish a policy stating that anyone without their costume/uniform will not perform at the event. Stick to this, even if it means a star performer will be left out. It will encourage your performers to put extra thought and time into packing and double checking their bags.
- PLAN! Expect the unexpected with contingency options which should be decided upon before anything happens.