What happens when we do a full custom dance team costume order? Here are photos of the process with Aitkin HS Dance Team.
- Our client sends us their ideas – visual and additional needs and wishes.
- We work with their ideas and present a sketch for their review.
- We submit swatches for the client to review and choose.
- The client places their order based on sketches, swatches and pricing.
- We create a CAD pattern, cut and sew their prototype, checking on how this prototype fits our dress form that represents the measurements of our Sample Size M:Medium.
- The client tries on the sample and determines if any changes need to be made.
- Once the final prototype is approved, we then solicit the sizes needed for the order.
- We put the garment into production.
- After deliver the finished costumes and await seeing the costumes in performance!
With this costume design, we used many ‘textures’ to create a unique design. We included holographic sequined spandex, regular spandex, matching mesh spandex, skin-toned lined mesh. And the customer added their own embroidered appliques.