Do you need LAST MINUTE sizing alterations for any of your costumes?
Work with a seasoned, professional alteration person or company (such as Satin Stitches), who should know what is possible or not.
Here are a few general guidelines:
- Extensions can be added to the crotch of a leotard to extend for a longer girth. (More can be added it you are adding a skirt, pant or short over the leotard).
- An added section of fabric can be added below the waist area of a biketard, if the biketard is worn with a skirt over it.
- Decorative belt-style bands can be added to lengthen the torso of everyone’s unitard.
- If design features aren't in the way, side seams can be taken in. The center back on a costume may also be taken in.
- If matching fabric is available - a gusset (added piece) can be seamed into the side seams or center back of a garment to extend the width.
- Collars can be extended. Pant legs and sleeves can sometimes be extended. Both can be shortened or taken in.
- Bodices can be nipped in to create a more contoured shape.
There are many creative options that COULD be used if you have a little imagination and sewing expertise!