- All colors are not always available in all fabrics – we work with what is available and do our best to meet your needs, but certain prints or colors simply may not be offered in all fabrics.
- Generally, stretch knit fabrics do not match non-stretch woven fabrics - These fabrics are made differently and therefore the colors are going to look different. Don't count on being able to find an exact match for a stretch fabric with a non-stretch fabric.
- Costume fabrics today are not generally expec
In any case…it was a fun and exciting evening of costumes (and dancing)! And I didn’t hate ANY costumes. Both the ‘Dedication Round’ and the ‘Judges Choice Round’ showed nothing but ‘fit for the finals’ costumes.Read More
7 Reasons Why Costumes That Fit Well, Last Longer.
If your costume fits:
- You don’t have to safety-pin it – pins can cause holes
- It won’t overstretch and break any seams
- You won’t stress the fabric and cause ripping of the fabric itself
- Elastic won’t overstretch and give out
- Buttons and other closures won’t pop off, sometimes causing tears
- Wear-lines won’t be created on hems, where they are turned up to a shorter length
- Parts of your costume won’t catch on things because they are so baggy, causing tearing
At Satin Stitches, we offer 6 different width sizes in our standard women’s sizes (more than other companies), and then 3 different length sizes, for a total of 18 sizes from XS to XL.
Additional, we have Extended Sizes and Child Sizes, so your entire team can get a FABULOUS FIT. And our concert and show choir dresses are available in our dress sizes 0 to 26, also, all in Short, Medium and Long lengths.
Men’s sizes also incorporate our extensive sizing options with a full range of 34 to 52.
There is lots of emphasis on the country, this week, with many eliminations that will be voted for (and against)! Oh, and it was ‘Country Night’ on “Dancing with the Stars” this week!Read More
What is one of my most often mentioned pet peeves when I critique “Dancing with the Stars” costumes? …It is the overuse of “nude” elastic straps on dance costumes.
Why do I dislike “nude” elastic straps? Because, to be frank, they are a lazy way to deal with the physics of creating wearable women’s dance costumes. It shows a lack of well thought-out, strategic designs and, often, they aren’t as “nude” as they should be. Just as mismatched or poorly crafted straps can destroy the look of a classy costume, straps made of thin elastic strips that supposedly “match” the dancer’s skin can have the same negative effect. And the clear plastic elastic isn’t any better, as these straps are extremely shiny, and are very noticeable. They are not ‘invisible’.
- Know when you need delivery.
- Know your secondary choice of dates for delivery.
- Plan enough time for the design/sketching process (we promise a sketch with pricing within 5 business days from when we receive all your information).
Spooky and scary…who will go home this week? After our scare last week, but with no one going home after all, did everyone worry that two couples might be eliminated?? I did!Read More
Spoiler Alert: NO ONE is going home this week, despite lining everyone up and designating two nervous couples ‘in jeopardy’ that included Minnesota’s own Alan and Alexis. Whew!!!Read More
Trio Night on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ is always fun. This season, it seems that the show brought back more amateurs to compliment the Stars than in past years…this seems to be putting more pressure on the Pros to ‘whip into shape’ the Stars that may not have been practicing their dancing in the last several years since they were on the show.Read More
‘Dance Spirit’ Magazine occasionally solicits costumes for their magazine editorial content. For specific costume requests, they send us an email that gives us a heads up on their desired theme. If we have a particular costume that fits their parameters, we have about a week or so to send the costume for their photo shoot.