How To Measure
Measure for the perfect fit.
Measure around the fullest part of the chest, keeping tape measure parallel to the ground.
Measure around the smallest part of the natural waist, keeping tape measure parallel to the ground. Usually at the small of the back, below the rib cage and above the belly button.
Stand with feet together and measure around the fullest part of the hips/butt, keeping tape measure parallel to the ground.
Measure from the top of the shoulder along the outside of the arm to the bottom of the wrist bone.
Measure from the top of the inner leg along the inside to the ground. Take this measurement without shoes.
Place tape measure at the center of shoulder, down the torso, through legs, up the back, meeting the tape measure at the shoulder. Tape should not be tight, but snug. *Due at a later time.
- One person should take all measurements for accuracy and consistency.
- Measure snugly, but not too tight.
- Measure over a snug fitting garment and any performance undergarments.
- Short, regular or long sizes refer to measurement changes in all of the following categories: torso length (girth), arm length, inseam and skirt length. If someone is an exception (i.e. regular torso but long inseam) please contact us.
- If your measurements are between sizes, size up! It is more difficult to make adjustments to a garment that is too small rather than too big.
- Satin Stitches cannot be held responsible for incorrect sizes chosen by the customer. If you have questions please reach out– we are happy to help!